Everyone loves a good chicken tikka, and this offers some variety from the usual salt and pepper chicken breast meal. The prep for this dish takes just about 5 minutes and I usually marinate and keep a few batches in the freezer. During summer I love serving it with grilled pineapple and yoghurt.
- 1 kg Chicken Fillet soaked in 1 tsp salt water for a few hours.
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (jeeru)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chilies
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Chives – to garnish
- Fresh coriander leaves – to garnish
Remove the chicken from the water and coat with all the spices. Fry, bake or braai till cooked. I usually fry it in a non stick pan with a teaspoon of olive oil or butter. Serve garnished with herbs and grilled pineapple slices and cucumber yoghurt.
If you have any questions or topics you would like me to cover send me a shout below or email me.
Planks and kisses